With the explosion in Data requirements, companies are seeking new ways to securely managed and store their data
Statistics show that on average, over 40% of businesses that do not have Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Backup Technology in place go out of business after a major loss like a fire, a break-in, a storm, or sabotage.
Calm Response understands the importance placed on the security and availability of IT systems. As a successful small business ourselves, we understand the necessity of protecting and backing up confidential company and client data; quick restoration whenever important data is lost; the importance of business continuity alongside disaster recovery planning; and the overarching value of consistent and predictable costs.
Companies are now producing and sharing more data than ever, while new regulations are forcing these same companies to store their data for longer periods of time.
This brings up some very complex problems that might not be always obvious to non-technical decision makers in areas such as Finance, Accounting or Legal. But these issues have forced businesses of all sizes to review their current IT solutions. Often overlooked, proper backup procedures can make the difference between bankruptcy and survival when an IT disaster strikes.
Calm Response provides a completely outsourced solution which is tailored to individual customer requirements. Our clients experience the most cost effective method of backing up their data, combined with the best technology and infrastructure available, supported 24/7 by technical experts. You can benefit from a fully managed and automated solution which is totally customer focused and Service Level Agreement (SLA) driven. Our Service is a fully managed service which is discreet yet accommodating, allowing businesses to comply with best practice while getting on with the business at hand.
Our Solution provides reliable and secure data backup and recovery PLUS enterprise class business continuity and disaster recovery. There is NO CAPITAL EXPENSE required. We will provide the Calm Response Backup and Standby Server (BUSS) as part of a comprehensive service for a predictable and affordable monthly fee.
Advanced Backup and Recovery Solution
This best of breed solution delivers advance functionality leveraging NetApp FAS Storage and Asigra’s industry leading Televaulting solution, providing an agent-less. Multi-site backup /recovery solution. This solution combines Enterprise / ROBO / Mobile Users / Virtual Server and MSP provisioning with a disk-based WAN-optimized architecture to provide security and business continuity that traditional backup software simple cannot deliver.
Regardless of an organization’s size or industry focus, one thing remains constant; IT organizations must implement solutions to ensure that critical business systems and data are continuously available. As organizations scale they quickly realise that tape and existing secondary storage solutions do little to help guarantee business continuity due to physical and technological limitations. The answer to these challenges is to disk-to-disk backup combined with de-duplication and network optimization.
The Asigra’s Televaulting disk-disk (D2D) software solution offers customers a highly reliable, high-speed replacement for legacy tape-based, remote site backup / recovery systems. This solution enables fast data recovery at remote sites thanks to an advance agent-less architecture with built-in (256bit AES). Unlike traditional appliance-based solutions, the Asigra Televaulting solution can backup and recovery virtually any server, laptop, desktop or virtual machine on a geographically dispersed network.
When combined with NetApp’s Leading FAS storage, Asigra’s solution is ideal for the following scenarios:
- Remote Office Branch Office (ROBO)
- Production Servers and Databases (Exchange, Oracle, SAP, SQL Servers etc.)
- Virtual Machine Backup and Recovery
- Laptops and Desktop Backup and Recovery (Windows 2000 or higher, Apple’s OSX, Solaris, Linux Red Hat and Suse)
- Support for multi storage architectures including DAS, SAN or NAS
Asigra’s agent-less architecture provides advance connectivity to all servers, laptops, desktops and virtual machines connected to the network while minimizing deployment and ongoing management costs associated with an agent-based solution. With Asigra you have real time access to all relevant data without the need for space hogging snapshots or complex server based image mirroring.
Calm Response has teamed up with a leading NetApp Embedded Solutions Partner, to bring together the power of a leading NetApp FAS Storage with Asigra’s Televaulting solution to deliver a solution that meet customers Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) to ensure dependable access to mission critical organizations.
The NetApp / Asigra Televaulting Backup and Recovery solution provides functionality that extends beyond the capabilities of EMC Avamar and Symantec’s PureDisk solutions. The Asigra solution provides client-side deduplication, encryption and compression to minimize data transmission risks across the WAN. This also maximizes the use of disk within your datacenter that is typically reserved for post-deduplication processes.
Asigra’s agent-less architecture is a key to the solution that dramatically reduces the cost of deployment and ongoing management for mobile endpoints, virtual machine and more. Asigra goes beyond the capabilities of NetApp SnapShot and SnapMirror, providing an end-to-end backup / recovery and data security solutions that is unrivalled in the market.
8 REASONS WHY SMBS OUTSOURCE THEIR STORAGE AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY TO CALM RESPONSE
IT budgets are shrinking, datacenter space is becoming limited, power requirements are skyrocketing, and server and storage needs are ever increasing. Today’s IT managers from the small SMB to the large enterprise are struggling to meet their company’s needs. Traditional backup and recovery strategies are not adequate to deliver the granular recovery demanded by the business.
Here are 8 reasons why Small to Medium sized businesses are outsourcing to Cam Response:
- Make better use of the IT department, focusing on emerging technology and planning.
- Reduce Expenses – system Administration, costly downtime for upgrades and patching takes resources and money, which could be saved and applied to plans that are transformational to the business.
- Increased reliability and performance.
- Competitive Edge – focusing on business needs and not wasting resources on mundane tasks allows companies to better position themselves in comparison to the competition that is still saddled in the upgrade, help desk and patch nightmares.
- Immediate access to the best technology and resources – Calm Response’s data centers have the newest and most efficient technologies, allowing customers to scale and grow easily without having to purchase additional and costly products.
- Ability to use the Calm Response for Disaster Recovery as well as traditional IT outsourcing.
- Reduce costly training and certification requirements. Calm Response has already invested heavily in these certifications. The savings to SMBs could be significant.
- Finally and importantly, data portability and flexibility. If a company is dissatisfied with the Calm Response service, they have the freedom to move their data into someone else’s vault.
If you would like to know more on how Calm Response can help your company contact us[/box]
Download the Calm Response Data Storage Factsheet
Explore further articles on Data Backup and Recovery